What We Believe
Our distinctive belief is that through believing and obeying the Word of God we can access the grace of God (Rom. 5:2), be simply Christians (Acts 11:26), and be members of the body of Christ (Acts 2:42, 47; Gal. 3:27).
We believe that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, all-sufficient, and authoritative guide for life and godliness (see 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pt. 1:3).
We believe that salvation is offered by God to all through the giving of His Son (Jn. 3:16; Titus 2:11). While salvation cannot be earned (Eph. 2:8-9), there are things that must be done to receive salvation (Acts 9:6; Heb. 5:8-9). Here are the biblical steps to obtaining the gracious salvation of God:
- One must hear the Gospel of Christ (Jn. 6:45; Rom. 10:14)
- One must believe in Jesus (Jn. 8:24).
- One must repent of his sins (Luke 13:3).
- One must confess belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God (1 Tim. 6:12; Rom. 10:9-10).
- One must be baptized for the forgiveness of sins (Acts 2:38; 22:16).
- One must continue in faithfulness to Christ (Mt. 25:21; Rev. 14:12).
Search our site further not only to see what we believe, but why we believe it. Better yet, join us for Bible study and worship if you have the opportunity! Our desire is not merely to "prove" what we believe by the Bible, but to search the Bible carefully to determine what we believe. Please join us in the sincere pursuit of the truth that sets men free (Jn. 8:32).